There was a time when Google was just a search and Ad company. They are still leading those industries, but added so much to their portfolio especially in the last few years or so.
- Advertisements (Adsense, Admob)
- Mobile OS (Android)
- Hardware (Motorola, Chromebook Pixel)
- Laptop (Chrome OS)
- Smart TV (Google TV)
- Social Media (Google+)
- Local (Google Offers, Zagat)
- Payments (Google Wallet)
- Maps (Google Maps, Waze)
- Email (Gmail)
- Productivity (Docs, Calendar, Blogger)
- Enterprise (Google App Engine)
- Browser (Chrome)
- Cloud Storage (Drive)
- Photo Sharing (Picasa)
- Video Sharing (YouTube)
- Google Play Store, second only to iTunes
- Communication (Hangouts, Voice)
- Internet (Google Fiber, Balloon Project)
- Wearable Tech (Google Glass, Watch)
- Self Driving Cars
- And many more I would have missed.
Many of these products works nicely within themselves. Each of the above have its own competitions. Google just takes everyone head-on anytime it sees a potential in any industry. Even now it makes most of its money from Advertisements, but all the other products contribute to that. If one industry fails, others step up. I don’t see fatigue coming anytime soon.
This is why I love this company!
More from here…