The iOS version of my Pointly app is now available in the Apple App Store!
Things to note:
- iOS version does not work all seamless like the Android version, because of iOS security restrictions.
- When you want to find someone else’s location, you will be prompted to click send to the pre-set text message. This automatically happens behind the scene in Android. (Same case when you want to push your location to someone else)
- When you receive the location from someone, you need to open the text message and open the location URL manually (same iOS restriction). This automatically happens in Android.
But all the differentiating features are there as in Android:
- No cloud data means no worry of someone spying you.
- No tracking.
- No background process.
- No battery hog.
- All location sharing purely on-demand!
Try the Android version (of course if you have a device), to see the full potential of the app. The iOS version is meant to be a supporter to play along with iPhone users.